I am an engaging player-coach, a curious problem definer and a prolific reader. I’m always involved in more than one book; but, I’m currently reading “12 Rules for Life” by Jordan Peterson (as of Chapter 4, I highly recommend!).
- Adept at harmonizing people, process and technology to drive top-line growth.
- Creative and Confident solving obstacles to reach business goals with a retrograde, data first approach and continuous team collaboration.
- Accountable, magnetic team leader.
A Professional Background introduction:
Early in my career, it was apparent that I had an aptitude for technology and process digitization. So, my IT Director at the time recommended me for a technology trainer role with his VAR.
When I met the VAR team, it was clear that my passion for L&D resonated as the manager sent me straight to my first job in sales: developing and selling Microsoft training paths to administrators and business groups. As my goal was to aid teams in technology translation, it was a surprisingly great fit!
After about a decade of working with teams at McAfee, Symantec and Cisco, my technology sales, marketing and training proficiencies lead me right back to where I started when my Cisco mentor recommended I start an LLC to leverage my creative approach to collaboration adoption training and enablement.
Combining a growth mindset, an awareness of our mental heuristic road blocks, and technical skills, I was again able to enable and engage teams: reducing the complex to consumable, creating a foundation of metrics, and a drive for execution.
So, Why Laura?
- A strong advocate of active listening in combination with radical candor, I look to engage teams and customers with a data driven approach to create award-winning customer and employee experiences.
- My innately curious and analytical mindset allows me to be a prescient gap finder where I’ve built a career bridging sales, marketing and finance to achieve revenue goals and improved efficiencies while improving customer success.
- An innate drive for execution and accountability, I am a contagious motivator.